Sunday 29 January 2012

R.I.P: An Internet Manifesto

For my first review I decided to do Rip: A Remix Manifesto. I decided to do this movie because I thought it was a very good documentary about the problems with copyright law. The reasons why I thought it was a good documentary was because it was very persuasive. It did not just highlight the problems that an artist like Girl Talk might have with copyright, it highlighted what these laws mean for everyone. It shows how companies like Disney and Viacom sue poor, working class families for millions just for downloading a couple song and how they manage to convince senators to vote for their causes in congress.  I think that this movie could not have been shown at a more critical time due to all of the new copyright laws being voted on currently such as SOPA and ACTA which could end the internet as we know it. So, all in all I think that this was a very great and informative documentary that is extremely relevant to today's society.

No comments:

Post a Comment